Re: [ANN] HID report descriptor library and tool

Xiaofan Chen wrote:
I forgot one important thing. Your program (or libhid) detaches
the kernel hid driver, but it is better to re-attach the driver back
one the program exits. By doing this, you will lose your USB
HID mouse or keyboard (or need to unplug and plug) if using
your program.
Thanks. Yeah, I know about it, of course.

I am not so sure about libhid. But libusb-1.0 has such function.
http://libusb.sourceforge.net/api-1.0/group__dev.html
int 	libusb_detach_kernel_driver (libusb_device_handle *dev, int interface)
int 	libusb_attach_kernel_driver (libusb_device_handle *dev, int interface)
Thanks, I was just recently reading the libusb 1.0 documentation and
enjoying the appearance of the attach function. The libusb 0.1 didn't
have one and so did libhid.

The hid-dump, I was talking about before, will be based on libusb 1.0 and
will address this issue.

The only problem is that I'm doing it in my spare time and there isn't much
of it, so it wouldn't be fast. Sorry.

Sincerely,
Nick