Re: [ANN] HID report descriptor library and tool

Xiaofan Chen wrote:
I see that you also has the hidrd-dump developed along with hidrd-convert.
Currently hidrd-dump (report descriptor dump utility) does not work too
well.
Could you please explain what's wrong with it? Thanks :) Or do you mean the
problem is that it doesn't dump the device descriptors itself?

If possible, combining these two so that we can get the report
descriptor of an existing device and convert it to the XML or other
format.
Well, I don't think a separate program is really needed for this.
You could write a simple script to do it, like this one:

#!/bin/sh
hidrd-dump "$@" | tr -d ' \n' | xxd -r -p | hidrd-convert -o xml

xxd is packaged with vim, if you don't have it.

Sincerely,
Nick