Re: [ANN] HID report descriptor library and tool

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Nikolai Kondrashov <spbnick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> I see that you also has the hidrd-dump developed along with hidrd-convert.
>>> Currently hidrd-dump (report descriptor dump utility) does not work too
>>> well.
>>
>> Could you please explain what's wrong with it? Thanks :) Or do you mean the
>> problem is that it doesn't dump the device descriptors itself?
>
> It is not working well basically for some device.
> I think it is based on libhid which does not detach the 2nd interface
> if the device is a USB composite device.

I forgot one important thing. Your program (or libhid) detaches
the kernel hid driver, but it is better to re-attach the driver back
one the program exits. By doing this, you will lose your USB
HID mouse or keyboard (or need to unplug and plug) if using
your program.

I am not so sure about libhid. But libusb-1.0 has such function.
http://libusb.sourceforge.net/api-1.0/group__dev.html
int 	libusb_detach_kernel_driver (libusb_device_handle *dev, int interface)
int 	libusb_attach_kernel_driver (libusb_device_handle *dev, int interface)

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com