Re: type-c subsystem is empty on Thinkpad T14 Gen 4 AMD

On Mon, Mar 18, 2024, at 3:22 PM, Yaroslav Isakov wrote:
> Hello, Mark!
>
> пн, 18 мар. 2024 г. в 19:48, Mark Pearson <mpearson@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 22, 2024, at 9:30 AM, Mark Pearson wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> Just to confirm that I've tested a trial BIOS from the FW team and it fixes the issue (shows up under /sys/class/typec
> Great to hear, thank you!
>
>> If there's anything in particular you'd like me to confirm let me know.
>
> If /sys/class/typec is populated, I think it should be enough... Just
> to double check, is /sys/class/usb_power_delivery populated, too, now?

Yes. From my system:

# ls /sys/class/typec
port0  port0-partner  port1
# ls /sys/class/usb_power_delivery
pd0  pd1  pd2

> I also did not manage to see anything in /sys/class/usb_role or
> /sys/class/typec_mux, even with my hack - is it expected on AMD,
> because of lack of appropriate mux/role switch drivers?

I'm not seeing anything under those with this BIOS either

I checked on an Intel platform on my desk (P14s G3) and those aren't populated there either...so not sure this is AMD specific.
I'm being lazy and not looking at the kernel code - what would we expect to see in those entries?

Mark