Re: type-c subsystem is empty on Thinkpad T14 Gen 4 AMD

Hello, Mark!

пн, 18 мар. 2024 г. в 19:48, Mark Pearson <mpearson@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, Feb 22, 2024, at 9:30 AM, Mark Pearson wrote:
> > Hi,

> >> You need to report this to Lenovo. This is an issue in their firmware.
> >>
> >> We can work around this by adding DMI quirk where we hardcode the UCSI
> >> version for your system, but before we do that, you should try to get
> >> Lenovo to fix their firmware.
> >>
> > I got forwarded this report from the support team. Was able to
> > reproduce this on my system.
> > I have internal ticket LO-2879 open and we'll look into it.
> >
> Just to confirm that I've tested a trial BIOS from the FW team and it fixes the issue (shows up under /sys/class/typec
Great to hear, thank you!

> If there's anything in particular you'd like me to confirm let me know.

If /sys/class/typec is populated, I think it should be enough... Just
to double check, is /sys/class/usb_power_delivery populated, too, now?

I also did not manage to see anything in /sys/class/usb_role or
/sys/class/typec_mux, even with my hack - is it expected on AMD,
because of lack of appropriate mux/role switch drivers?