Re: Slow enumeration of Creative Sound Blaster G3

>> On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 05:58:08PM +0100, Andreas Kempf wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I apologize if this is the wrong mailing list but my investigation
>>> led me to the USB subsystem and I do not know how to proceed.
>>>
>>> My system:
>>> Arch Linux
>>> Linux kernel 6.6.1 (-arch1-1)
>>> Motherboard: ASRock X670E PG Lightning
>>> Device: Creative Sound Blaster G3
>>>
>>> I have a Creative Technology Sound Blaster G3 USB sound device that
>>> seems to work perfectly on Windows. It used to work just fine on Linux,
>>> as well. However, at some point a few weeks ago, it started behaving
>>> oddly. Unfortunately, I cannot pinpoint exactly when the problems
>>> started happening because the symptoms did not immediately point me
>>> toward the device and I did not immediately figure out what was going
>>> on as I only noticed hangs when shutting down the system.
>>
>> Did you update your kernel between the time when the device was
>> working okay and now?
>
>If this is a regression the obvious suspect would be
>
>5fadc941d07530d681f3b7ec91e56d8445bc3825
>("ALSA: usb-audio: Fix init call orders for UAC1")
>
>I'd suggest you try reverting that.
Thank you for the suggestion. I figure that this commit made it into
6.1.52. Arch packaged 6.1.51, so I downgraded to that and then again to
6.1.12. Both showed the issue. Somehow, the kernel version does not seem
to matter. I am baffled by the whole thing as no other piece of software
should be involved here, as far a I can understand.
It could be some kind of hardware issue (Motherboard/Device) or an
extremely weird race condition that I somehow hit all of a sudden.

(I seem to have messed up my initial mutt setup for the mailing list, so
I hope this reply does not completely break the thread)

>	Regards
>		Oliver

Best regards,

Andreas