Re: Slow enumeration of Creative Sound Blaster G3

On 11.11.23 20:56, Alan Stern wrote:
On Sat, Nov 11, 2023 at 05:58:08PM +0100, Andreas Kempf wrote:
Hi,

I apologize if this is the wrong mailing list but my investigation
led me to the USB subsystem and I do not know how to proceed.

My system:
Arch Linux
Linux kernel 6.6.1 (-arch1-1)
Motherboard: ASRock X670E PG Lightning
Device: Creative Sound Blaster G3

I have a Creative Technology Sound Blaster G3 USB sound device that
seems to work perfectly on Windows. It used to work just fine on Linux,
as well. However, at some point a few weeks ago, it started behaving
oddly. Unfortunately, I cannot pinpoint exactly when the problems
started happening because the symptoms did not immediately point me
toward the device and I did not immediately figure out what was going
on as I only noticed hangs when shutting down the system.

Did you update your kernel between the time when the device was
working okay and now?

If this is a regression the obvious suspect would be

5fadc941d07530d681f3b7ec91e56d8445bc3825
("ALSA: usb-audio: Fix init call orders for UAC1")

I'd suggest you try reverting that.

	Regards
		Oliver