Re: BisonCam 5986:0203 kills USB

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 04:37:32PM -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> Ditto.  It's kind of surprising to see such a blatant bug in an Intel
> chipset.  Is the 82801G family used in anything other than these
> netbooks?  Do the same problems occur?
>
> Alan Stern
>
> P.S.: Sarah, is Intel aware of this problem?  Is there somebody we
> should report it to?

They might be aware of the problem, but I'll check with the chipset
group.  It's probably best just to report Intel bugs to me, since the
customer support people tend to be clueless about Linux problems.

I've heard of some USB controller problems being solved by BIOS
upgrades; has anyone checked if this solves the problem?  I'll have to
re-read this thread and see if I can get my hands on an MSI wind next
week.

Sarah Sharp