Configuring alternate settings in USB3.0 using xHCI

Dear experts,

We are using USB3.0 host with xHCI HCD driver. Our USB device
Interface has two alternate settings. One with two endpoints and the
other with four. When we try to configure it for alt setting “0”, we
do not see any problem and it seems to work fine. However, when we are
trying to configure our device to an alternate setting “1”  we get an
error reported back from xHCI saying

Endpoint state = 0x0
WARN urb submitted to disabled ep

This is leading us to the comments in xhci-ring.c  as

/*
 * USB core changed config/interfaces without notifying us,
 * or hardware is reporting the wrong state.
*/

Note: When we try to connect our device through EHCI, then everything
seems to be working fine.

Are there any implementation differences between USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
in terms of setting the alternate setting through the SET INTERFACE
call?

The kernel version we are using is 2.6.31.5.

Thanks in advance,
RD