Re: Possible problem with thunderbolt 4

Hello again,

>> Earlier you said that with Windows 11 the behaviour might be the same
>> as in Linux. I'll try that next week (out of office until then). If
>> Win 11 indeed has the same problem, then I guess someone at HP or
>> wherever will address this sooner or later. I mean, the requirement
>> for a working network device/stack after a reboot from an OS is not
>> that unusual I'd say...
> I agree. If it turns out that Windows 11 works wrt. this (please check
> that it is using Windows "inbox" driver for TBT) then we need to figure
> out what it is doing differently.

So today I've installed Windows 11 22H2 on the EliteBook, and I can report this:

* The thunderbolt controller is run by a driver from Microsoft (in the Win 11 device manager it's no longer called "Thunderbolt Controller", but "USB4 Host Router".
* I think there isn't even a thunderbolt driver from Intel for Windows 11 - at least on the HP support site for the EliteBook they don't have one (but they do have an Intel driver for Windows 10).
* And regarding functionality: after rebooting Windows 11, the network device is visible in the firmware, and working fine...

Any more test I could make?

Thanks,
Christian