Re: Possible problem with thunderbolt 4

Hi,

>> After echoing 0 to the 'authorized' file, the devices disappear in
>> linux from the PCI bus, but unfortunately don't show up in the
>> firmware after the reboot...
> Okay it may be that the USB 3 tunnel that is still up makes the CM in
> BIOS to think the hardware is in unexected state or so.
>
> This was Thunderbolt 4 dock, right? Do you happen to have Thunderbolt 3
> device or Thunderbolt 3 active cable around? If yes then there is only
> the PCIe tunnel so doing the above de-authorization should in theory
> work. If no then one option is to add the ->shutdown() hook to tear down
> the tunnels.
I have a slightly older EliteBook with a TB3 controller. The TB4 Dock works flawlessly with this.
And I have the predecessor of the TB4 Dock which also uses TB3. This works fine on the new EliteBook with the TB4 controller.

Both docks have their thunderbolt cables 'built-in', so I cannot switch cables...

Any more tests I could make?

Thanks and best regards,
Christian