Re: Stability problems with Keyspan adapters at 115K?

Greg KH wrote:
Perhaps it just isn't wise to run them at that kind of speed?  These are
very cheap devices and maybe they can't handle running with no room for
any kind of error?

Unfortunately, I have a couple of platforms with serial consoles that default to 115K, and changing them makes me non-conformant to the client's specifications. I think that I'm just going to have to put together my own adapter hardware, or get something a little more robust.

But in the bigger picture, I find it disturbing that the usbserial system seems to fail so catastrophically in these circumstances, rather than merely dropping a byte or two (or twenty, or whatever). Upon reflection, I think that's really the issue I'd like to shine some light onto.

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx