Stability problems with Keyspan adapters at 115K?

Guys:

I'm testing at 115K under minicom, with a USA-49WLC and a USA-19QW, and seeing the same problems with both. This is on a 2.6.30 amd64 kernel.

Put simply, the serial link seems to "lock" up after sending or receiving just a few bytes, but the details of the hang aren't always the same. Sometimes, it seems like all I/O has stopped; other times, I lose the echo but the target responds as though the bytes are getting through. And still other times, after I kill minicom the bytes show up on my console. And finally, after killing and then restarting minicom the bytes magically go through to the target.

Sometimes after the hang, restarting mincom is enough. Other times, I have to remove the keyspan and usbserial modules, and then re-plug the device. And still other times, the keyspan module claims to be in use even though I have killall'ed minicom.

Regardless, I don't ever see anything suspicious in the dmesg log. I don't know if this is a new problem with 2.6.30, as I haven't used these Keyspan devices in quite a while.

Anyone seeing any problems with usbserial and/or keyspan drivers at 115K? Since the outbound data is coming from my keystrokes, I can't imagine that I'm over-running a FIFO somewhere...

Kindest regards,

b.g.

--
Bill Gatliff