Re: Stability problems with Keyspan adapters at 115K?

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 07:54:55PM +0000, Bill Gatliff wrote:
> Bill Gatliff <bgat@...> writes:
>

> > Guys:
> >
> > I'm testing at 115K under minicom, with a USA-49WLC and a USA-19QW, and
> > seeing the same problems with both.  This is on a 2.6.30 amd64 kernel.
> >
> > Put simply, the serial link seems to "lock" up after sending or
> > receiving just a few bytes, but the details of the hang aren't always
> > the same.  Sometimes, it seems like all I/O has stopped; other times, I
> > lose the echo but the target responds as though the bytes are getting
> > through.  And still other times, after I kill minicom the bytes show up
> > on my console.  And finally, after killing and then restarting minicom
> > the bytes magically go through to the target.
>
> I just re-tested on the same workstation with an FTDI device, and didn't observe
> any issues at all.  So it seems like this problem might be Keyspan-specific.
> Or, at least, it doesn't affect (some) FTDI devices.

It might be, but nothing has changed in that driver in a long time,
becides the whole tty layer rework, so I really don't know what to say.

I have not had any other Keyspan driver bug reports in a long time, so
perhaps you have some flaky devices?

sorry,

greg k-h