Question on clear_tt_buffer for not TDI but with built-in TT

Hello,

I have a question about the interface for clear_tt_buffer that has been
added into 2.6.31-rc3. We are working with an EHCI host controller that
has a transaction translator built-in. Therefore, it is naturally TDI
(by ehci_is_TDI() check for has_tt). In the handling of clear_tt_buffer,
if it is TDI, then clear_tt_buffer control message is not sent out.
However, we do not have the way that is commented in ehci-q.c:

/* REVISIT ARC-derived cores don't clear the root
 * hub TT buffer in this way...
 */

We actually need the clear_tt_buffer control message sent to the
built-in transaction translator. What should we do?

I believe the clear_tt_buffer control message is to notify the
transaction translator about software-side cancellation/failure? I know
we can handle hardware-side failures just fine without the need of
clear_tt_buffer control message.

Thanks,
Julie.