Re: possible memleak in devio.c::processcompl

>> It is fixed in the current kernel and Novell has patches for SLED 11.
>>
> One other thing. uvcvideo (cheese) does not continue to leak but my
> userspace stuff did. I believe that is because uvcvideo uses an urb
> pool, so reuses the urbs. I could not, but maybe you can in your app
> and that may be a work-around for this leak consuming all memory. This
> might be useful if you cannot upgrade your kernel beyond 2.6.27....

Oops, never mind. The leak is in usb urbs, not usbdevfs urbs, so you
cannot fix the leak without changing a kernel driver (devio.c) to
reuse urbs. But it does explain why cheese/uvcvideo does not leak
until the system crashes - just when it starts up. Changing devio.c to
reuse urbs is probably more effort than fixing the real cause and
patching ehci as described in the earlier link.

Regards, Steve