Re: possible memleak in devio.c::processcompl

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:41 PM, Steve Calfee<stevecalfee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Markus Rechberger<mrechberger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> It is by no means clear that you saw this leak. There might be a second
>>> leak.
>>>

>> This seems like a regression, I just tested the driver with Linux
>> 2.6.23 32bit Intel again streaming 170 mbit/second, it does not grow
>> at all, but Linux 2.6.27 (default Ubuntu Kernel) leaks.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Yes, I encountered this too. I hit it on SLED 11. This is fixed in
> later kernels. search this list about this leak, it is for iso urbs. I
> found http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0903.2/02471.html
>
> It is fixed in the current kernel and Novell has patches for SLED 11.

One other thing. uvcvideo (cheese) does not continue to leak but my
userspace stuff did. I believe that is because uvcvideo uses an urb
pool, so reuses the urbs. I could not, but maybe you can in your app
and that may be a work-around for this leak consuming all memory. This
might be useful if you cannot upgrade your kernel beyond 2.6.27....

Regards, Steve