Re: usbutils source tree [was Re: [patch 0/7] Add usb root debugfs...]

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 04:13:36AM +0200, Kay Sievers wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 03:50, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Nice, I've pulled in all of your changes and pushed them back out.
>
> Nice. Thanks.
>
> > I wonder if I should use git at sf.net for this, or just leave things
> > where they are for now.
>
> Hmm, maybe. I find kernel.org a bit more convenient, sf is still so
> slow sometimes. Where it lives, with git, it would not really matter,
> right? You should be able to just push to sf too, right?

Well, sf.net wants a "site wide" git tree, like the cvs tree, so that
will not really work out as the cvs tree has lots of sub-projects at
this time.

So let's just stick with kernel.org and github for now.

> > Oh, I think we should do a release, as the ids file is updated with a
> > lot of changes, want me to?
>
> Yeah, sounds fine. Or maybe wait until we dropped the dependency on
> /proc? It still says:
>   ./lsusb -t
>   cannot open /proc/bus/usb/devices, No such file or directory (2)
>
> Also it should be ported to the new libusb, the old one is no longer
> supported, and has only a wrapper interface to the new lib.
>
> And people requested in the sf tracker that the binary should be in
> /usr/bin and not in /usr/sbin.

Oops, I just did a release :)

Bah, I hate sf.net's release interface, but oh well, it's out there.

I'll work on the things you mentioned above tomorrow.

thanks,

greg k-h