Re: usbutils source tree [was Re: [patch 0/7] Add usb root debugfs...]

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 03:50, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nice, I've pulled in all of your changes and pushed them back out.

Nice. Thanks.

> I wonder if I should use git at sf.net for this, or just leave things
> where they are for now.

Hmm, maybe. I find kernel.org a bit more convenient, sf is still so
slow sometimes. Where it lives, with git, it would not really matter,
right? You should be able to just push to sf too, right?

> Oh, I think we should do a release, as the ids file is updated with a
> lot of changes, want me to?

Yeah, sounds fine. Or maybe wait until we dropped the dependency on
/proc? It still says:
  ./lsusb -t
  cannot open /proc/bus/usb/devices, No such file or directory (2)

Also it should be ported to the new libusb, the old one is no longer
supported, and has only a wrapper interface to the new lib.

And people requested in the sf tracker that the binary should be in
/usr/bin and not in /usr/sbin.

Thanks,
Kay