Re: USB Type-C hub detection is flaky

On Tue, 2018-06-26 at 11:29 +0300, Heikki Krogerus wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 01:09:32PM +0200, Timur Krist?f wrote:
> > On Mon, 2018-06-25 at 13:11 +0300, Heikki Krogerus wrote:
> > > +Mika

> > > This could be a problem with the Thunderbolt controller. Mika, do
> > > you
> > > know if there are any known problems when using self powered USB
> > > hubs?
> > >

> > The issue also happens with the non-Thunderbolt USB Type-C port, at
> > least on this laptop.
>
> Ah, ic. XPS 9360 has two thunderbolt ports and a standard-A port on
> the other side. I can see that the standard-A port has been replaced
> with the USB Type-C port on XPS 9370.

9360 (2017 model) has two USB 3.0 Type-A ports and one Thunderbolt 3
Type-C (with 2 PCI-E lanes).

9370 (2018 model) has one USB 3.1 Type-C, and two Thunderbolt 3 Type-C
ports (with 4 PCI-E lanes). No Type-A ports. This is what I've got.

> Are you able to test if the problem can been seen also in Windows?

I don't have Windows with this machine (it came with Ubuntu). But I
guess I could try with an evaluation version of Windows, if that is
helpful.

Thanks & best regards,
Tim