Re: [RFC] ARM i.MX21 Host Controller Driver

On Thursday 26 March 2009, Martin Fuzzey wrote:
> >> I was planning to do this a bit later but now have a ATNGW100 on order :)
>
> Got it now, booted it ok but haven't run usbtest yet.
>

> > It's a hand little board ... you may want to replace the
> > firmware on the board with the latest avr32 buildroot,
> > and other tools.
> >

> I'll probably update the kernel (it has 2.6.18) so I can add any
> traces if needed.
>
> For usbtest is there a good reason to update the buildroot userspace?

Not really, but it's probably good to get that buildroot
because it includes the latest version of the AVR32 GCC.

So far as I know, mainline works just fine on that board,
and all the relevant drivers are upstream.  There's a
tree Atmel maintains, but I don't think it should matter
for your purposes.

> My understanding is that I only need gadget zero in the kernel on the
> device side and the rest runs on the host.
> Have I misunderstood something?

Nope.

> > I think the i.MX21 is full speed only, right?
> >
> yes
>
> > If it supports high speed, you might trip over something I
> > just saw (and confirmed with a Beagle/480):  sometimes it
> > will misbehave with the OUT tests, and stop responding until
> > the endpoint gets reset for the next test.
> >
> Thanks for the info anyway.

Something you're more likely to run into is the ep0out test
case failure I saw.  Again, it *might* be specific to my
test setup ... the first (64 byte) data packet got written
to the peripheral, from then on it was ping/nak until the
request timed out and got aborted.  Specific to "test 14".

- Dave