Re: [RFC] ARM i.MX21 Host Controller Driver

On Tuesday 24 March 2009, Martin Fuzzey wrote:
> >> Only basic functional tests (mounting flash drive, mouse, ..) have been done.
> >
> > See also
> >
> >   http://www.linux-usb.org/usbtest/#hosts
> >
> > As a rule ... make sure the host can run those tests against
> > some "known good" hardware for a weekend or more, without any
> > errors reported, before merging.  (In fact ... it should work
> > with no errors under heavy load for weeks at a time.)
> >

> Thank you for pointing this out.
> I was planning to do this a bit later but now have a ATNGW100 on order :)

It's a hand little board ... you may want to replace the
firmware on the board with the latest avr32 buildroot,
and other tools.

I think the i.MX21 is full speed only, right?

If it supports high speed, you might trip over something I
just saw (and confirmed with a Beagle/480):  sometimes it
will misbehave with the OUT tests, and stop responding until
the endpoint gets reset for the next test.

Specifically, after rding a bit more than 850 transfers of 4KB
each, it failed the "three strikes and you're out" rule by
not responding to a number of PINGs.  And similarly with other
parts of the bulk OUT test script ... errors, all of that
"three strikes" flavor.

Now, I seem to recall running these tests successfully before,
albeit with a different host controller.  So I don't know yet
what's up.  But I thought a mild caution might be wise; and
I've cc'd the driver maintainer in case this sounds familiar.

- Dave