Re: Fibocom L831-EAU and cdc_mbim

On 19/09/17 14:25, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Bjørn Mork <bjorn@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
> What happens if you kill the mbim-proxy process? Are you then able to
> use the modem again without resetting it?

I was unable to test that: It can only be killed using SIGKILL, any new
mbim-proxy processes are then unable to open the device.

> Maybe we should simply ignore stalls completely?  They should not happen
> with any real WDM device anyway.
>
> What happens if you e.g. change the if-test here:
>
> 	/*
> 	 * only set a new error if there is no previous error.
> 	 * Errors are only cleared during read/open
> 	 */
> 	if (desc->rerr  == 0)
> 		desc->rerr = status;

> 	if (desc->rerr  == 0 && status != -EPIPE)

Well, this looks very promising: Although the error messages persist
every now and then, the device now works!

I'll make the new module the default and I'll test it more thouroughly
during the next few days.

Are you planning on adding a more "proper" fix, i.e. without ignoring
the error? Or is this something that should be "fixed" in libmbim?

Thanks for working on this issue,

Andreas