Re: Fibocom L831-EAU and cdc_mbim

On 18/09/17 22:18, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Andreas Böhler <news@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> I can also provide you with Wireshark USB traces, if that helps?
>
> It might help. We are obviously interacting badly with the firmware.
> Seeing where and how it stops would be useful.

Attached are two Wireshark traces, I hope that I captured everything
relevant:

1. wwan_init_connect_failed.pcapng.gz
2. wwan_reset_init_connect_success.pcapng.gz

I disabled everything Modem-related (i.e. ModemManager), I blacklisted
the cdc* modules then I restarted the machine. The first trace was taken
directly after boot. I loaded the modules and I tried to enable
ModemManager and to connect to the Internet - it failed.

The second trace was taken after disabling ModemManager and sending
"AT+CFUN=15" to the device, thus resetting it. I then enabled
ModemManager and connected to the Internet - which succeeded.

Thanks,
Andreas