Re: NET2280: Adding PLX usb2380 support (issues encountered)

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 6:40 AM, Justin DeFields
<justindefields@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I spoke with the Avago/PLX FAE, and they said that the PLX software
> team that worked on this driver is no longer with the company, so they
> cannot offer support :(
>
> I'm not sure there is going to be a good answer for this issue.
> Hopefully someone here can help me evaluate the "/* paranoia */" code
> to determine if/why/when it's necessary?
>
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Justin DeFields
> <justindefields@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> It turns out that I had a filesystem issue on my target when testing
>> my removal of the /* paranoia */ block.  I thought I was writing the
>> file to NAND, when in fact it was being written over NFS to my Virtual
>> Machine!!!  After resolving this issue, and with the removal of the
>> paranoia logic, the transfer completes as expected very quickly and
>> reliably (20/20 transfers completed successfully).
>>
>> Can anyone here help me determine if that paranoia loop is still
>> necessary for the PCIE cards, or what the purpose of it was in the
>> first place?

Justin,

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I have an ARM based board with a
USB2380 on-board (-AA rev by the way) and gave it a try with the Linux
4.4 kernel today without any luck (I couldn't get g_serial,
g_mass_storage, or g_ether to work for me).

The USB2380 product brief I have states that it can be used with
existing NET 2280/2282 software drivers with no change but of course
at least the PCI ID's are missing. What patch/patches do you have thus
far to add USB2380 support to net2280?

Regards,

Tim