Re: [linux-usb] how to pass parameters to mass storage kernel module for best host compatibility

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015, Xuebing Wang wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Thank you very much for your help. Using a valid serial number like
> below (and without removable=1) can NOT get Win7 to auto-mount it.
> modprobe g_mass_storage file=/dev/mmcblk0p4 iSerialNumber=123456789012
> nofua=1

All right.  Maybe Windows will only auto-mount devices with removable
media.  Possibly this behavior can be changed by editing the Windows
Registry, but I don't know what item would have to be changed -- I'm
not an expert on Windows.

> Will mass storage gadget driver convert from ASCII serial number to UNICODE?

Yes.

> Any ideas? Thanks again.

Any ideas about what?

Alan Stern