Re: Patch Request of option.c module to support Olicard-300 (2020:4000)

Greg KH wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 01:14:30AM +0200, Joe wrote:
>>
>> What format do you mean exactly?
>> Which part of that document are you exactly referring?
>
> The sections about the signed-off-by line and the proper description and
> subject lines :)
>
>> Nice to contribute at kernel improvement and learn how to
>> collaborate, anyway my "patch" just adds a single line to
>> the source file of "option" module... so I also would be
>> happy if you could re-create the patch for me.
>
> Try it again so that you get proper credit for it.

I read paragraph "11) Sign your work" and rules about
"Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1":

--------------------------------
then you just add a line saying

	Signed-off-by: Random J Developer <random@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

using your real name (sorry, no pseudonyms or anonymous contributions.)

So, seems there's no way to maintain my real personal infos anonymous.
Did I well understand or there's some workaround to post a patch with
for example, invented Name Surname to prevent real ones to be public?

No problem with post my real infos, but I usually prefer to rest anonymous,
so I'd like to know if there are also "anonymous alternatives" to submit.

Could you explain that a little better?

In the meantime I will preapre a patch submission message trying to stay as
closer as possible to "the canonical patch format".

Thanks again for your suggests!
Bye.