Re: USB-UART device from Exar Co. not working with cdc_acm but usbserial

Sorry for my late reply,

I still haven't tried the debug mode for cdc-acm since I still have to figure out the "proper way" to get and compile the source on Linux Mint (it seems some documentation is old... but mostly I've been a little busy to dig deeper).

About the hardware flow control, I remember tried every combination of flow control and line endings (because the receiving end might only accept one kind of line break) with minicom, but I'll try again.

I had some suspicions about what could be the problem with this device since it's a 8 gsm modem pool interfaced with these chips and just one usb port (Host -> integraded HUB -> XR21V1414) but after test it on WinXP with putty and using the same settings on linux putty, I thought that it might be a problem with the driver. That moment I went to investigate the alternatives of cdc-acm and read about usbserial as testing platform and the drivers included with.

I'm sorry if I take a while to get the logs you asked me, I hope to have them around the weekend.

Sergio