Re: Problem with D-Link USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter DUB-1312

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Marek Uher <xuher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>         Hi Sarah,
>
> Thank you very much for your answer. I bought three same all-in-one, low-energy
> and space effective computers from ASUS. There isn’t any possibility to add an
> additional extension PCIe card. There is only the option to upgrade the memory
> and hard drive (which I already did it). I want to use these computers as home
> GlusterFS cluster / NAS solution. Therefore, I need to add a second 1 Gbps
> ethernet interface to each computer (I want to use link aggregation). And the
> only way ho to realize such network connection is via USB 3 interface.
>
> For these reasons described above the only way for me is to solve the problems
> in the ASMedia xHCI and ASIX driver on existing hardware. I can help to solve
> this problem. In the case of interested I can make remote access for the
> developers to my computer via SSH. Developers would have the opportunity to
> access the problematic hardware and solve problems directly. Everything is just
> a matter of agreement.

Hi Marek,

I have an initial draft version of the patchset Sarah mentioned that I
am still in the process of testing before I post to the mailing list.
If you want to give it a shot realize that it is early access code and
has not seen any testing outside of a super-speed USB Mass Storage
Device and my own unit tests.  If you want to give it a shot I'd
appreciate a test report, it's based on Greg's usb-next branch from
yesterday.

--
Dan

The following changes since commit d508d992026c8225d529f39795e1ed6d2867bd2c:

  Merge tag 'for_3.17' of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/kishon/linux-phy into
usb-next (2014-07-22 16:33:00 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/djbw/usb td-fragments-v1

for you to fetch changes up to 61d9c2ad31b11b87c319bbc2a963040742bac77c:

  xhci: unit test ring enqueue/dequeue routines (2014-07-24 18:12:38 -0700)