RE: Problem with D-Link USB 3.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter DUB-1312

> I would like to draw attention to another potential problem which concerns
> combination of USB ethernet and xHCI driver in Linux kernel. I have serious
> problem with D-Link USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter DUB-1312. I am not
> able to assign the IPv4 address through DHCP client or even manually via
> ifconfig command. I tested it with three different D-Link DUB-1312 devices
> (that working normally in MS Windows), but the result was always the same
>  - no IP address was assigned to my eth1 interface. For more information
> visit following URL on Debian bug tracking system:
>
> 	https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=755069
>
> Any advice or help relating to this problem would be most welcome. Have
> a nice day.

Looks like you have the ASMEDIA host controller - so you lose :-)
The Asmedia controller probably needs the doorbell rung in the completion
routine if there are multiple TRB outstanding on (IIRC) the command ring.

Also which chipset/driver does this adapter use?
If it is the asix88179_178a then you lose :-)
There are a some generic bugs in the xhci driver's ring handling that
need to be fixed before it will work reliably.

I posted some patches that fix the latter problem last year.
Unfortunately they were only partial fixes and had other side effects.
Instead of the side effects being fixed, the patches were reverted.

	David