Re: xHCI regression for VIA USB 3.0 controller in handle_cmd_completion

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Mathias Nyman <mathias.nyman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think the last part is not relevant in this case:
> "If this Event is due to a Host Controller Command, then this field
> shall be cleared to ‘0’."
>
> Is for xhci internal commands that also generate command completion events, but
> are not related to a command TRB put on a command ring. For example Stopping the
> command ring or aborting a command (section 4.6.1.1 and 4.6.1.2). These are
> triggered by writing to a xhci registers, but they still generate command
> completion events. (no command TRB is ever put on the command ring).

That makes more sense. It'd be nicer if it were explicit.

> The SLOT ID for reset device command completion TRB's isn't very well documented.
> If VIA chose to set it to zero we should use what works best, e.g. dig out the
> SLOT ID from the queued command TRB. This has been working previously.

For Reset Device in Section 4.6.1, it says:
"Insert a Command Completion Event on the Event Ring of Interrupter 0
and initialize the following fields:
 Clear all other fields of the event TRB to ‘0’."

Can "all other fields" be interpreted to include Slot ID?

> I'd like to use Saran's patch partly, I'd like to keep Xenia's WARN and compare
> SLOT ID's in the cases specs clearly specify event SLOT ID. In the Reset Device
> case use the command TRB SLOT ID.
>
> I can do this myself, but if you, Saran, feel you want to send a patch for it
> please let me know

Thanks for asking, but since the patch is trivial, it'll be
easier/faster if you write/backport it.

--
Saran