Re: usb/serial/io_ti.c broken on BE systems

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 09:40:02AM +0000, Ludovic wrote:
> > Did you get a chance to verify my (unmodified) patch (on BE and LE)? Are you
> > able to test it against a recent kernel on your router or are you stuck
> > with an old kernel?
>
> Hi!
>
> I've just installed a VM with a custom kernel to be able to test the latest
> patch on LE. But for BE, I'm stuck with an old kernel...(or maybe there's a
> way to run openwrt on qemu?)

Not sure about openwrt but qemu does emulate mips.

The bugfix is pretty straight forward so if you can't update the router
and the patch works (with debugging disabled) that should do. At least if
you can verify that it still works on an LE system.

If you want to track down the problem when running with debugging enabled
this should be done on a recent kernel as a lot things have changed in
this area.

> I hope to start some test in the next 2 weeks, I'll keep you informed.

Sounds good.

Thanks,
Johan