Re: USB/IP

On Sun, Feb 09, 2014 at 01:52:50PM +0700, konstunn@xxxxxx wrote:
> So, as far as I've concerned, I'd better build the whole
> custom linux kernel with the usbip debug-driver built-in
> to debug usbip, wouldn't I?

Yes, but build it as a module to make things easier than rebooting all
the time.  Or build it in a virtual machine, that might be the easiest.

> If so, which linux distro is worth being chosen for
> building and testing that custom kernel and, especially,
> usbip, in particular, and does distro really matter?

Not really, but:

> I've got CentOS 6.5 and Ubuntu 13.10
> on a virtual machine under Windows 7.
> I prefer CenOS, but what if it I'd better choose
> Ubuntu cause its' official version of the kernel
> is most up-to-date?

CentOS's kernel is usually quite old, either way you are going to have
to run a kernel.org release, so the distro isn't going to matter that
much.

> And what else information might be useful for me
> to manage to try debugging usbip?

Depends on what problems you run into.

good luck,

greg k-h