Re: [DRIVER][WIP] Playstation controllers (DualShock 3/4, Navigation/Motion Controller, ...)

Oh well, at least now I know my way around an URB :-)

I found the series of patches, although I have yet to test them (and
yet to build a kernel for real...), I didn't see anything dealing with
the DualShock 4's touchpad in them.

If the touchpad is indeed not supported yet, I still have a problem :
I have no idea how to report the touchpad's data to the userspace. For
now, I'm reporting the data as 4 axis (for visual feedback), but it is
obviously not a solution.

If I report it as a mouse, I'm losing the second touch point
capability. If I report it as touch events, what I reverse-engineered
so far from the protocol doesn't provide absolute coordinates for the
x-axis, which seems necessary for touch events. Besides, I don't think
most games will notice touch events.

If the touchpad is correctly supported, well I guess it's not a
problem anymore :-)

I'll have to test the patches to be sure, but it might take a while
for me to get the kernel rolling (I'm currently on the standard, comfy
Debian testing 3.12 kernel)...

Jean-Baptiste Boric