Re: [DRIVER][WIP] Playstation controllers (DualShock 3/4, Navigation/Motion Controller, ...)

On Sat, Feb 01, 2014 at 07:38:09PM +0100, jb b wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a total newbie in Linux kernel development (but not in C
> programming), and I started to write a USB driver for the DualShock 4
> (and also others controllers/equipments for the PlayStation 3/4 while
> I'm at it).
>
> My objective is to sanitize what is reported to the userspace (most
> games don't like 28+ axes all with a value of -32767), add support for
> the trackpad/sound output on the DualShock 4, and (finally!) have
> proper Linux support for the DualShock 3.
>
> So far I managed to report all axes and buttons for the DualShock 4,
> and also the touchpad (currently reported as 4 axis, unsure how to
> deal with it for now...).
>
> I also wrote initial support for :
> Sony DualShock 3
> Sony Navigation Controller
> Sony Motion Controller
>
> But it's more proof-of-concept than ready to release at this point.

All of these should already be supported in Linux, DualShock 4 just
landed in Linus's tree a few days ago and will be showing up in 3.14.

So you might want to take a look at the in-kernel code if you are
curious as to getting these devices working, and if you have any
problems with them, patches area always gladly accepted for making the
drivers better.

thanks,

greg k-h