Re: ci_hdrc_tegra hard locks kernel when set to dr_mode = "otg"

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 12:12 PM Dmitry Osipenko <digetx@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 01.10.2019 15:49, Peter Geis пишет:

> >> Just to be clear, this part is good to me. Although, doesn't CI driver
> >> operates by default in a peripheral mode when drm_mode=otg?
> >>
> > The code sets OTG mode in the case of mode is unknown.
> > Based off the code path and behavior on my devices, I'm pretty sure it
> > defaults to host unless something intervenes in the process, such as
> > extcon.
>
> Okay! It definitely defaults to the peripheral mode in my case, sounds
> like sensing is working for the OTG mode in yours case.

> > I'll see if I can get host mode working, as I'd really like to see
> > your Tegra30 cpufreq drivers land.
> >

> Please let us know if you'll have any progress, I'll also try to look at
> it sometime soon.

I got host mode working, it's the same issue with dma alignment that
was killing gadget mode.
I did it by literally ripping the dma alignment code out of the
tegra-ehci driver and it's hideous right now.
Need to figure out a better way to accomplish that.

> It will be very nice if all of the pending patches could get into next
> release. You could also help with that by testing the patches, usually
> it helps to get some more attention from maintainers.

I'm currently testing the cpuidle driver on both the Xoom and the
Ouya, but I haven't seen the cpufreq drivers recently.
Any other patch sets you'd like tested?