Re: Tegra 2: Spurious interrupts from UARTA (@70006000)

On 06/14/2018 08:56 PM, Dmitry Osipenko wrote:
> For early console you don't need a full-blown driver. In your case the early
> console could be activated by appending kernels cmdline with
> "earlycon=uart8250,mmio32,0x70006000". Kernel will switch to a proper serial
> driver once it is available, so you should be able to have earlycon + hsuart.

Oh good, thats a start. But sadly that does not completely work for me.
Early console works. If I set the getty to the device, that works, too
(without boot-up log from systemd of course). If I also set the tty in
systemd, the system just hangs when systemd should take over. Weird. I
will take a look into this once I am done with the spurious-interrupts
thingy.

> The LIC acknowledgement here should have no effect because it clears the "forced
> interrupt" bit which is only relevant if kernel performs an IRQ re-trigger.

Oh yes you are right! I misread that.

> You could try to reset UARTA HW here, will be interesting to see whether that
> stops the IRQ.
That happens when the getty on the (now polling) console gets closed,
e.g. by logout. When a new getty is spawned, the device is reopened and
fully initialized again. Interrupts properly work again at that point.

I *might* have a fix/workaround for the issue. Please see in my next
answer to Mikkos mail.

David