Re: invalid drv data in show attribute

>> >That's not how sysfs works, sorry.  :)
>> >
>> >Hypervisors are not normal, the fact that you are using that location in
>> >the first place is very very odd, only 1 other in-kernel user is using
>> >that.  So maybe you don't even need that at all?
>> >
>> >thanks,
>> >
>> >greg k-h
>> as vSMP is an hypervisor, I've thought /sys/hypervisor is an appropriate location.
>
>For generic stuff related to your hypervisor, yes.  But for devices that
>are part of your hypervisor bus, no, they do not belong there.
>
>thanks,
>
>greg k-h

I understand, thanks for the explanation

Eial

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Driver Development]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [DMA Engine]     [Linux GPIO]     [Linux SPI]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Coverity]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]