Re: invalid drv data in show attribute

>> >Yes, or how ever you want to name these "boards".
>> /sys/bus/vsmp/boards/ or /sys/bus/vsmp/device/board#?
>
>You can not create /sys/bus/vsmp/boards/ the driver model will not let
>you do that.
>
>You will have the device/ directory created automatically.  It's how you
>want to name the board itself is up to you, it just has to be unique on
>the bus.
I understand, I think /sys/bus/vsmp/device/board# is adequate for our needs.

>> >Yes.

>> >No symlink needed at all, they are independent things, right?  What
>> >would require such a symlink?
>> >
>> >thanks,
>> >
>> >greg k-h
>> I'd rather have all the info under one place than in multiple places if possible.
>> is seams more logical to me
>
>That's not how sysfs works, sorry.  :)
>
>Hypervisors are not normal, the fact that you are using that location in
>the first place is very very odd, only 1 other in-kernel user is using
>that.  So maybe you don't even need that at all?
>
>thanks,
>
>greg k-h
as vSMP is an hypervisor, I've thought /sys/hypervisor is an appropriate location.
if you think of another location is more suitable, I'm open to suggestions

Thanks,

Eial

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Driver Development]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [DMA Engine]     [Linux GPIO]     [Linux SPI]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Coverity]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]