Re: invalid drv data in show attribute

>On Mon, Sep 05, 2022 at 12:56:29PM +0000, Czerwacki, Eial wrote:
>> >And aren't there others at your company that can help you with this?
>> afaik, there is not expert on kernel in the company.
>> there are some workers that have experience in kernel development but they are from our team
>
>SAP is a big company, I think you should seek them out if you are
>wanting to add new subsystems to the kernel to get their help as doing
>this is not a trivial task.
I'll try to reach out however I'm not sure there is any.

>> >for device in $(ls /sys/bus/vsmp/device/); do
>> now I understand!
>> that is what I was missing.
>> so inside /sys/bus/vsmp/device/ I can find the following tree?
>> 1
>> 2
>> 3
>> ?
>
>Yes, or how ever you want to name these "boards".
/sys/bus/vsmp/boards/ or /sys/bus/vsmp/device/board#?

>> so I can create entries in /sys/hypervisor/vsmp for the global info
>
>Yes.
>
>> and link /sys/bus/vsmp/device/ to /sys/hypervisor/vsmp/boards?
>
>No symlink needed at all, they are independent things, right?  What
>would require such a symlink?
>
>thanks,
>
>greg k-h
I'd rather have all the info under one place than in multiple places if possible.
is seams more logical to me

Eial

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Driver Development]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [DMA Engine]     [Linux GPIO]     [Linux SPI]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Coverity]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]