Re: invalid drv data in show attribute

On Tue, Sep 06, 2022 at 07:30:20AM +0000, Czerwacki, Eial wrote:

> >> I'd rather have all the info under one place than in multiple places if possible.
> >> is seams more logical to me
> >
> >That's not how sysfs works, sorry.  :)
> >
> >Hypervisors are not normal, the fact that you are using that location in
> >the first place is very very odd, only 1 other in-kernel user is using
> >that.  So maybe you don't even need that at all?
> >
> >thanks,
> >
> >greg k-h
> as vSMP is an hypervisor, I've thought /sys/hypervisor is an appropriate location.

For generic stuff related to your hypervisor, yes.  But for devices that
are part of your hypervisor bus, no, they do not belong there.

thanks,

greg k-h

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Driver Development]     [Linux Driver Backports]     [DMA Engine]     [Linux GPIO]     [Linux SPI]     [Video for Linux]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Coverity]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Yosemite Backpacking]