Re: Now Fixed: Archlinux Speakup problems after alsa package upgrade

Oops, one important correction to my last post ...

I just ran another Syu upgrade on said machine, which gave me a new
kernel and, therefore, a reboot.

Espeakup was silent on reboot, so I again created the /etc/asound.conf
file and rebooted again. Bingo. Speech.

Best,

Janina