Re: python programming

Jason White <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Blocks are also marked by indentation, which is part of Python's syntax, not a
> purely stylistic convention as it is in C, for instance.

Yes, but the reason some people mark blocks is so that the ends can be
found quickly, with a text search.  It's not fool-proof, but it works
for people who don't have a syntax-aware editor.
But python-mode is much better for moving through code.

> In Python and other code editing modes, Emacspeak reads the indentation of
> each line. I don't know whether Speakup can be configured to do this.

Not automatically.  Someone has a patch out to do something similar with
tones, I think.  In Speakup, to hear the indentation, you press numpad 8
twice on the line that you're reading with the review cursor.

-- Chris