for all you maraket savy edbrowse users

Gaijin <gaijin at clearwire.net> writes:

> I don't think edbrowse is the right tool for the job.  Using lynx
> to grab the page and then filtering out the contents with grep and
> sed is probably what you're looking for, or one of the Merril Lynch
> companies out there that will give you a better display

finance.yahoo.com offers its stock quote data in a CSV format, as well.
Here is a link to a page that describes their API.
http://www.gummy-stuff.org/Yahoo-data.htm
I have a copy of a Python module for accessing Yahoo's quote data:
http://members.cox.net/cmbrannon/ystockquote.py
The author of that code is Corey Goldberg.  As usual, I don't have the URL,
so I just mirrored it on my website.

Anyway, you can use their CSV data to create whatever sort of display
you like.  For instance, here's a URL that retrieves data pertaining to
Oracle, Google, and Sun Microsystems.
http://finance.yahoo.com/d/quotes.csv?s=orcl&s=goog&s=java&f=nl1
The "f=nl1" indicates that we are requesting the names and prices of the stocks.

-- Chris