Ubuntu Installation woes

Hi,
    I am having trouble installing the latest Ubuntu, 7.10, with speech from Orca.  I am able to get Ubiquity started, but when I get to the partitioning stage, the table in which I am apparently supposed to select partitions is empty.  At least, arrow keys in the table yield no speech.  I didn't do anything with Fdisk or Cfdisk beforehand.  Was I supposed to?
    I would like a duel boot system, if possible, with Ubuntu and Windows.
Thanks much,
Zack.