converting graphics on a text console

Chuck Hallenbeck writes:
> Man, it's tough persuading folks that an image of a document that
> appears perfectly readable on a graphics screen is not really text of
> the sort I can handle in a text console.

I usually try explaining this as: "There are two kinds of text. One kind
is the kind you can crop and rotate, but you can't spell check it. I
need the kind you can spell check."

People don't necessarily understand what that is, but somehow the spell
check part does gain a glimmer of understanding.

Offered in the hope that it may be useful, but without warranty or even
an implied warranty of fitness ... ...

Good luck, Chuck!

Janina