Wireless nic

HI guys,

Heres a weird one,

So I never got my wireless adapter ipw3945 to work, so I said what the hell,
and reinstalled fedora.

I reinstalled fc7, and rebooted.  And I noticed that wlan0 was loaded, and I
enabled a wifi connection to my access point, and shabang... It worked, I
was on the net and everything.  I then proceeded to shut my notebook down,
and a day later, I rebooted, and it no longer found my wlan0... It was using
the iwl3945 wireless module.  Any ideas why my wlan0 device disapeared?

Thanks for any help.