using the pc speaker as sound card

Hi, As my professional emu 1820 is listed as the emu 12 12M and gets no
audio output at all is there a way until drivers are ready for it I can use
the small speaker built into my pc for software speech?  What simple command
can I try first to turn the play back volumes up all of the way in alsa to
try before going with the pc speaker method?