bugzilla is live (was: Re: Reintroduce sparse-next)

On 02/26/2018 04:50 PM, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On 02/26/2018 04:47 PM, Christopher Li wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 4:37 PM, Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> OK, I made the request.  We'll see how it goes.
>>>
>>> Like Dibyendu has already done, to use it (other than just to view/read it),
>>> you (every user) will need to register, then you can just enter or update bug
>>> entries.  We might need to be able to assign bug owner(s) and possibly even
>>> define Component IDs (if Sparse is listed as a Product Category, which is what
>>> I requested).
>>>
>>> Sadly I don't know much about best practices. Some portions of the Linux kernel
>>> community use bugzilla.kernel.org (e.g., ACPI) and other just say something like,
>>> "Please stick to the [project] mailing list."  And some projects have an
>>> automated gateway for bugzilla<->email reply/update, which I also asked about.
>>
>> Sorry I did not make it clear in my previous email. I mean we can ask
>> ftpadmin what
>> is the process of setup sparse on kernel bugzilla. They usually can
>> point us to the
>> right direction what is the best practice.
>
> Sorry, you are right, I misunderstood that.
>
> The kernel admin is on #korg on irc and on that channel, its message/topic says:
>
> kernel.org | user docs on https://korg.wiki.kernel.org | please send support requests to helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxx
>
> so I don't think that asking ftpadmin is needed. (I have used helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxx
> several times.)
>
> But they may have some suggestions for best practices.

Under the Product category of Tools and utilities, bugzilla.kernel.org
now has a Component for Sparse.

https://bugzilla.kernel.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=Tools ->
https://bugzilla.kernel.org/buglist.cgi?component=Sparse&list_id=978693&product=Tools&resolution=---

and the bugzilla user info is here: