Re: regressions on HEAD

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:59 AM, Dibyendu Majumdar
<mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Okay, so I am trying to understand where in the simplification phase
> the size of the value pseudo used. This was the only place I could
> find. Although now multiple value pseudos are created - I guess the
> actual value is still the same, and if the size of the value pseudo
> does not play a part in simplification then sure this change cannot
> cause a change in the simplification process? Or am I missing
> something?

It is in theory possible in the following case, you have two instruction all the
same except two operand size:

%r10 <- op.32  %r11, $10 (size 8)
%r13 <- op.32  %r11, $10 (size 32)

In that case, CSE will not able to see the $10 as the same, because they
have size difference and reference by two different pseudo value.

If that ever happen, that is a strange situation to get into in the first place.
We might want to look a closer look if that ever happen. How can same size
instruction have different size operand.

The fix I think just need to change the first $10(size 8) into the $10(size 32)
version. It is a lot simpler than change the type. I am not sure this example
is actually trigger able yet. Not big deal.

The whole pesudo size change I feel is a lot simpler than the OP_PUSH
or the call argument embed a type approach Luc was doing.

Chris